17th November 2023
This year, our advent series is called "Hark" based on the carol "Hark the Herald".
Each week we're going to explore some of the lines from the carol. I'm sure many of us enjoy singing it each year, but do we often stop to reflect on what the words really mean? Or are there lines that you feel you just don't understand?
For our other Christmas events, check out our Christmas webpage.
This year our advent theme covers the Sunday 10:30am service throughout December, plus a couple of additions on Christmas Eve.
Born to be peace - 3rd December - Rev Gary Watt
- Peace on earth
- Prince of peace
- Joyful all ye nations rise
Born to reconcile - 10th December - Sandra Timms
- God and sinners reconciled
- Hail the Son of Righteousness
Born to be with us - 17th December - Marion Carter
- Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
- Hail the incarnate Deity
- Jesus, our Emmanuel
Born to bring Heaven down - 24th December - Rev Bryan Coates
- Hail the Heaven-born prince of peace
- Christ by highest heaven adored
- Mild He lays His glory by
Born to bring light and life - 24th December, 4pm - Christingle service with Jason and Maggie
- Light and life to all He brings
Born to be raised and to raise- 24th December, 11:15pm - Communion with Peter Castle
- Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to be King - 25th December - Worship Group and Jason
- Glory to the new-born King
Born to give us second birth- 31st December - Rev Kate Cambridge
- Born that man no more may die
- Born to give them second birth